Corporate social responsibility is now well integrated in the Group’s different enterprise processes and business lines (business operations, purchasing, human resources, maintenance, etc.).
It is based on a dynamic structured approach organised around three programmes:
(employment & workplace conditions)
These programmes are deployed through a continuous improvement approach, on a cross-functional level and taking into account the specific activities of the Group’s three business divisions (Live, Exhibitions and Venues).
Several long-term initiatives have been implemented destined to structurally consolidate the policy pursued over the last seven years.
- Integration of Strasbourg Événements within the ISO 14001 environmental certification scope
- ISO 20121 certification of 4 contracts with UEFA Euro2016
- PrestaDD certification of GL events Audiovisual (CSR label awarded by the trade association, Synpase)
- Event overlay services for COP22 in Morocco
- Change in management of the human resources department
- Drafting a Group code of ethical conduct
- Calculating the impact of the Lyon International Fair and Piscine using the global impact calculator developed by Unimev, the French event industry association.
- Migration towards the 2015 version of ISO 14001 for the GL events Venues France certification scope
- Deploying pilot operations to test new waste recovery models
- Developing collaborations with eco-agencies
- CO2 Objective process for the Paris data centre facility
RECOGNITION OF GL EVENTS’ CRS POLICY:
GAÏA INDEX ranking
- General ranking: 34th / 230
- Ranking - “turnover above €500 million”: 27th / 85
GAÏA-INDEX certifies that GL events was a component of 2016 GAÏA-INDEX in which it has been included since 2015.
© 2016-GL events- Architectes : OUALALOU+CHOI | © Marwane SOBAI